5 point plan for Microsoft Success

I'm a lifelong Microsoft user: From early beginnings with GWBasic..  thenVB3&4 at university, classic ASP, did an NT4 MCSE and most recently VB.net MVC..

IE was a disaster, so was Windows Mobile & now Windows Phone.
I lost Office when the damn ribbon appeared.

Visual Studio/Visual Studio Online/VB.net MVC are what keep me in the MS World.  (I also have Ubuntu installations...)

Here are 5 points that if implemented would make life a lot simpler again; and probably make Microsoft even more money:

1) Dump the "Store" and let .exes run directly on WP10

Like you can on Windows Desktop.  Sure there might be the odd virus or other problem.  But it's no different from the Desktop OS.

2) Put the bloody toolbars back on Office. In fact put the toolbars and buttons and everything else back where was on Windows XP, for me "intuitive" means "guess" & "digging about".   I'm happy to have everything in menu that I can scroll through and buttons that are obviously clickable.

3) Make Bing work better.  It is terrible...

4) Show the Url/Location all the time on Edge - I don't want it "disappearing" and having to find it.

4a) On that note:  Don't force people to try to use Edge.  If it's better people will use it - sly tricks and nasty popups just make me more determined NOT to use it.

5) Please give me MSN messenger back. Skype is utterly useless, slow to unusable, bugs and errors all over it.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How do you fix a roll of aluminium foil once it's started spiralling?

Why does Premiere Pro "Sequence from clip" on MP4 and then "Match Sequence" result in a massive AVI file?

Churchill's Reaction to Eisenhower's Speech at the English Speaking Union 1951